Posts

Showing posts with the label canntrust

7 Best Christmas Tree Stands in 2022

Image
Believe it or not, a Christmas tree won't stay upright on its own. Instead, you need a stable Christmas tree stand that can accommodate the type and size of tree you have. We researched dozens of the best Christmas tree stands to help you find the right one for your needs, whether you have a real tree, an artificial tree, a small tree, or a behemoth. The stands in our guide have a track record of durability, performance, and easy setup. We also outline the size and type of tree each stand is meant for. Check out our guide to the best Christmas tree skirts once you've chosen the right stand for your tree. The best Christmas tree stands in 2022 Best Christmas tree stand overall: Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand, available at Amazon, $82.79 The German-engineered Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand is easy to set up in a couple of minutes and keeps trees up to 12 f...

Former CannTrust compliance worker says unlicensed growing was ‘very openly’ discussed

Image
A former director of quality and compliance at CannTrust Holdings Inc. says the growth of cannabis in unlicensed rooms was discussed “very openly” at the pot company. Graham Lee told the Ontario court of justice’s Old City Hall court that the activity was not hidden or denied and was discussed on multiple occasions, even with members of the senior leadership team. His remarks come as three former executives at the cannabis company face a series of securities offenses. Peter Aceto, Eric Paul and Mark Litwin have pleaded not guilty to fraud and authorizing, permitting or acquiescing in the commission of an offence. Litwin and Paul are also facing insider trading charges, and Litwin and Aceto are charged with making a false prospectus and false preliminary prospectus. The charges are linked to unlicensed growing that allegedly occurred at a Niagara, Ont. area facility owned by CannTrust, which is now called Phoena Holdings Inc. https://www.tausiinsider.com/former-canntrust-complian...

CannTrust CEO was warned of consequences of unlicensed growing, former compliance worker says

Image
A former director of quality and compliance at CannTrust Holdings Inc. says he warned the company’s chief executive that Health Canada could levy penalties if the firm grew pot in unlicensed rooms at its Niagara, Ont. facility. Graham Lee says he told Peter Aceto he wasn’t sure what the exact consequences could be, but knew they were possible because Health Canada had previously issued warning letters and handed out penalties. For example, Lee said Health Canada checked CannTrust’s inventory every day after it discovered the company using a storage facility at its Vaughan, Ont. location contrary to licensing. Lee’s comments were made at the Old City Hall courthouse in Toronto, where the Ontario Securities Commission is working to prove Aceto and other execs are guilty of several offences related to unlicensed growing at the Niagara facility. Aceto, former CannTrust chairman Eric Paul and former vice-chairman Mark Litwin have pleaded not guilty to fraud and authorizing, permitting or ...

OSC moves to withdraw charges against former CannTrust officials accused of growing pot in unlicensed areas

Image
Former CannTrust CEO Peter Aceto, centre, leaves Old City Hall with his lawyer, Frank Addario, left, in Toronto, on Dec. 14, 2022. Eduardo Lima/Tausi Insider The prosecution of three former high-ranking officials of CannTrust Holdings Inc. has collapsed after a key government witness conceded that the fundamental allegation against the trio – that they permitted unlicensed growing at their company’s cannabis facility – is incorrect. In court on Wednesday, a lawyer for the Ontario Securities Commission announced that the regulator was withdrawing its case against former CannTrust chief executive officer Peter Aceto, former chairman Eric Paul and Mark Litwin, a former director. The lawyer, Dihim Emami, said the OSC had reassessed the case and was now “of the view there’s no reasonable prospect of conviction.” Lawyers for the three men opposed the commission’s move, asking Justice Victor Giourgas, instead, for a verdict and a complete acquittal. But Mr. Emami asked the court for a one-d...

Former CannTrust officials found not guilty after trial hears from just two of 29 potential witnesses

Image
Former CannTrust CEO Peter Aceto, center, leaves Old City Hall with his lawyer, Frank Addario, left, Toronto, on Dec. 14. Eduardo Lima/Tausi Insider An Ontario judge ruled Thursday that three former high-ranking officials from CannTrust Holdings Inc. CNTTQ were not guilty of any charges brought against them by Ontario’s securities regulator, bringing an abrupt and final close to a trial that ended almost as soon as it began. The quasi-criminal trial of former CannTrust chief executive officer Peter Aceto, former chairman Eric Paul and former director Mark Litwin was scheduled to take place over 50 days, but instead only required eight days of evidence before lawyers for the three men asked Justice Victor Giourgas to issue a verdict. “Acquittals shall be entered for all of the defendants,” Justice Giourgas said Wednesday, officially ending the failed enforcement case brought by the Ontario Securities Commission. When the trial ended shortly before noon, family members and supporters o...

Court case against ex-CannTrust leaders should prompt OSC ’soul-searching’, experts say

Image
Former CannTrust CEO Peter Aceto, left, leaves the Old City Hall courthouse after being acquitted on all charges in Toronto on Dec. 15. Nathan Denette/The Canadian Press Legal experts say the acquittal of three former cannabis executives should prompt the Ontario Securities Commission to do some “deep soul searching.” The Thursday acquittal of ex-CannTrust Holdings Inc. CNTTQ chief executive Peter Aceto, chairman Eric Paul and vice-chair Mark Litwin came a day after the regulator revealed it no longer had a reasonable prospect of convicting the men on charges linked to alleged unlicensed cannabis growing at a Niagara area facility. The trio, who pleaded not guilty in October, were each charged with fraud and authorizing, permitting or acquiescing in the commission of an offence. Litwin and Paul were also facing insider trading charges, and Litwin and Aceto were charged with making a false prospectus and false preliminary prospectus. Industry observers were eagerly anticipating the ou...

Former CannTrust officials found not guilty after trial hears from just two of 29 potential witnesses

Image
Former CannTrust CEO Peter Aceto, center, leaves Old City Hall with his lawyer, Frank Addario, left, Toronto, on Dec. 14. Eduardo Lima/Tausi Insider An Ontario judge ruled Thursday that three former high-ranking officials from CannTrust Holdings Inc. CNTTQ were not guilty of any charges brought against them by Ontario’s securities regulator, bringing an abrupt and final close to a trial that ended almost as soon as it began. The quasi-criminal trial of former CannTrust chief executive officer Peter Aceto, former chairman Eric Paul and former director Mark Litwin was scheduled to take place over 50 days, but instead only required eight days of evidence before lawyers for the three men asked Justice Victor Giourgas to issue a verdict. “Acquittals shall be entered for all of the defendants,” Justice Giourgas said Wednesday, officially ending the failed enforcement case brought by the Ontario Securities Commission. When the trial ended shortly before noon, family members and supporters o...

Court case against ex-CannTrust leaders should prompt OSC ’soul-searching’, experts say

Image
Former CannTrust CEO Peter Aceto, left, leaves the Old City Hall courthouse after being acquitted on all charges in Toronto on Dec. 15. Nathan Denette/The Canadian Press Legal experts say the acquittal of three former cannabis executives should prompt the Ontario Securities Commission to do some “deep soul searching.” The Thursday acquittal of ex-CannTrust Holdings Inc. CNTTQ chief executive Peter Aceto, chairman Eric Paul and vice-chair Mark Litwin came a day after the regulator revealed it no longer had a reasonable prospect of convicting the men on charges linked to alleged unlicensed cannabis growing at a Niagara area facility. The trio, who pleaded not guilty in October, were each charged with fraud and authorizing, permitting or acquiescing in the commission of an offence. Litwin and Paul were also facing insider trading charges, and Litwin and Aceto were charged with making a false prospectus and false preliminary prospectus. Industry observers were eagerly anticipating the ou...

Popular posts from this blog

Pick a Ceiling Fan Based on a Room's Square Footage

An Existentialist Guide to Feeling Nothing

6 of the Best Drinking Games to Play During Super Bowl LVII